Saturday, November 27, 2010

Giving Thanks

Although usually just an excuse to eat a ridiculous amount of food, Thanksgiving is also a prime opportunity to be grateful.  I would never be making it through this experience without the support of my parents, friends and health practitioners.  It's becoming comical when I'm doing fine and then crash to the point of being unable to sit up without my parents' help.  Then we wobble my jello legs down the hall to the bedroom for my mom to undress me.  It's hysterical, really. The good news is that all my western medicine tests so far have given me a clean bill of health.

I had some really healing sessions this week starting Monday with Andrew.  I had so much energy afterwards that I went to a coffee shop, went shoe shopping and drove myself home from downtown! I was awake for 4 hours in the middle of the night researching Chinese Medicine schools and Qigong teachers.

Tuesday I had an amazing therapy session with Jeff.  He helped me realize that I'm still grasping in many areas of my life, despite having worked through so much in the last few months.  I do have a tendency to obsess over things…job, sports, men, etc.  It seems I've been so sick that instead of rising above some feelings, I just wasn't feeling much at all.  I finally admitted and looked at my emotions: love, loneliness, frustration. I looked at what I was still wanting. When I let feelings rise, they often blew away in the wind as quickly as they came.  Most interesting was that during our session, my swollen, raspy throat cleared up and my energy returned.  My homework: let go, let go, let go.

Wednesday I saw Chip and Andrew, so they could collaborate about my situation in person.  It was fun listening to them talk about what formulas I've been on and how we might tweak it  moving forward.  Although short on time, I got a quick thread moxa session but was totally crashed from noon until bedtime.

Thanksgiving day I felt amazing with a couple short low energy dips. Friday I got to see Brooke for cranial sacral therapy.  Either she is getting more powerful with her healing touch, I'm getting more receptive, or both.  She cleared up my sore throat, hip pain and gave me tons of energy.  I went straight from there to Mollie for a past life regression, which was interesting.  I'll write about that in my Shamanic Spirit Guide Sessions section.

I had a great realization this week: there is nothing I can get from anyone or anything on this earth that I don't already have access to.  I have all the Love, strength, Truth, and inspiration that I need within me.  My grasping is a consequence of a false belief that I need something outside myself for happiness or peace.

No comments:

Post a Comment